vendredi 5 août 2016

Timing

This is the fourth time we have left the UK as a family to travel to Benin. And it is the first time that we haven't had to leave early in the morning. I am very grateful for that. When I know I have to get up before my usual wake-up time I never sleep well, and I tend to wake up several times in the night. Then I feel sick when I wake up, and end up feeling weird for most of the day.

This time we don't even leave my parents' until after teatime, which means I have all day tomorrow to do the last-minute things (all but one suitcase are already packed), and - I hope! - I should sleep well tonight.

Of course, the flipside is that I had jolly well better sleep well tonight, because our journey timetable is slightly crazy. We have a flight at 11.45pm, which will only last four hours, and then we have to wait around for 8 hours at the airport in Turkey. Our flight to Benin leaves there early afternoon, and we'll arrive in Cotonou after a seven-hour flight. So we'll have been travelling for about 24 hours without much chance of good sleep in there!

I know lots of people are praying for us, and I am very grateful!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire