mercredi 20 janvier 2016

New (or very old) hobby

Way back when I was 15, I learnt to crochet, and crocheted over 70 squares for a blanket I was planning to make for my bed. GCSEs hit, and the squares ended up in a box in my parents' loft ... for nearly 15 years, when I searched them out to sew them together to make baby blankets for Simon, for my sister Ruth's first baby, and for a friend's baby.

During our last year or so in Benin, I got back into knitting, thanks to some knitting needles left to me by my predecessor, Grace. I could buy wool in the local market - fairly basic, but quite a choice of colours, and I completed some small projects like these "monsters" as Christmas presents for our kids.




I wanted to take up crocheting too, but decided that since I didn't remember anything about it, I would do better to wait until I was in Europe and had access to a faster internet connection and therefore the possibility to watch crochet tutorials. I also picked up a great magazine in the UK which gives you the wool to make different projects set out inside it. And here are my first attempts:


I am quite proud of myself and feel inspired to keep going ... and if once I'm back in Benin someone feels like sending me a copy of this magazine, that would be such a treat!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire