dimanche 11 octobre 2015

Back to blogging...

One of the things you realise when you go through transition is that things you did regularly before - like writing blog posts for example - don't necessarily slot straight back into your new routine! Sorry for the interruption!

I am feeling at home here now. In some ways as if I had never left. I went to a conference in Strasbourg last month, and one of the academics I talked to said, "In another world I'm a mother". I feel a bit like, "In another world I'm a missionary in Benin."

Having said that, I am in regular contact with the team in Benin. Too often it is because they are having problems with the internet connection or printing things, and I would like to feel more in touch with the progress of the work. But they seem to be getting on well, and are looking forward to going to a training course on "Translating the Psalms" in Togo next month.

Back here, our kids only have a week at school before their first holidays, which here in France last a whole two weeks. So we'll be heading off to attend a conference at the SIM France base, combined with our debrief sessions, and will also be visiting some churches to talk about our work. We're very grateful for the car we've been able to buy, which will carry us a good number of miles before the end of the month!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire