mercredi 11 février 2015

and ... and ... and ...

In the coming eighteen months, our family will be making two international moves, and travelling I-don't-know how many hundreds (thousands?) of miles to visit family, friends and churches during our Home Assignment.

Lists are my friends.

I have lots of lists. And they are wonderful. I read a productivity book recently (« How to be a Productivity Ninja ») and it talked about tools such as lists being like a second brain, freeing up your first brain from the effort of remembering things to give it more potential to do other work. Lists reassure me. With so many lists, and so much to remember, there is no way that my brain would remember it all at the right times. But as I add to my lists, sometimes over many months, I feel like a collector adding precious items to her collection.

Just a few of my current lists :

A shopping list for our trip to Parakou in March
A shopping list for our trip to Cotonou in April
A list of things to take when we travel in-country
A list of things to do on a fast internet connection when we travel
A list of clothes we have here which we want to take with us on our Home Assignment in July
A list of clothes I have already bought on ebay for the family (stored at my parents' for the moment)
A list of work for my translation team to work on during my absence
A list of books to read and films to watch
A list of Lego kits our kids already have

And now look, I even have a list of lists!  :-)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire