mardi 28 novembre 2017

More sightings on the road

Our travels often give us good photos. Here are a few more:



Underneath the artwork it says, in English despite this being a Beninese lorry, "Horn Be For Over Taking". In case you're wondering, in the Benin Highway Code it does say that if you are overtaking someone you should sound your horn. Presumably because so many people either don't have mirrors or don't use them!



This one amused me. Above it says (in French this time) "Ya Allah, separate me from all that separates me from you" and underneath (in English) "Bob Marley, One Love".



This was a rather scary lorry, travelling on the wrong side of the road, and - we hope - probably trying to find a place to stop to sort out its leaning load! I asked Marc to stay as far from it as possible as we passed it!



These Bariba princes rode past the SIM compound in Parakou while we were there, with a loud banging of drums. Unfortunately I came out of the gate a bit too late, but even from behind they are impressive. The prince over on the right saw me, and did a small dressage (African style!) display which I videoed ... unfortunately the video is 23MB so there's no way I could upload it for you!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire