mardi 19 mai 2015

Here comes the bride...

It's wedding season here, and this year there are four weddings in our church, spread out over two months. We have the third on Saturday, but I thought I'd show you a few photos from the last. It was the wedding of the taxi driver who brought me back from Parakou in February.

The "happy" couple ... I explained in a previous post about weddings that the bride and bridegroom are not supposed to smile too much during the ceremony. Something to do with brides not being supposed to be happy about leaving their family, and in general to show that they are taking it seriously, I suspect.



Eve and her friend Jokebed (Philémon's daughter) admiring one of the wedding cars:



Eve enjoying the pounded yam wedding lunch. She was of course very comfortable eating with her hand like everyone else (Simon looks as if he's relishing the sauce!):


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire